Have you ever wondered what really goes on during reading week at Stony? Wonder no more!
Reading Week Theme: Be a Hero, Read!
Wednesday, April 1st-Thursday, April 9, 2015
Wednesday, April 1st: Reading Week Kick-Off Assembly, 3:00 for the whole school
Thursday, April 2nd: Read Book 1 for Stony Lane Book Award
Monday, April 6th: Drop Everything and Write Scroll
- Each classroom will add 2-3 sentences to a whole school story scroll, beginning in PM K on Thursday, then AM K on Monday, then 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. The scroll will be read over the morning announcements on Wednesday, April 6th, then displayed in a case in the front office hallway. (Classrooms will be listed next to their corresponding sentences.)
- Read Book 2 for Stony Lane Book Award.
Tuesday, April 7th: Author Anika Denise and her husband, Illustrator Christopher Denise, visit for the whole day.
- READ Everywhere You Look Day, Whole School: Students can wear clothing with appropriate words for this day. (No hats, please.)
- Read Book 3 for Stony Lane Book Award.
Wednesday, April 8th:
- Guest Reader Day, Classroom Teachers: Teachers will read to a classroom in a lower grade level: 5-4, 4-3, 3-2, 2-1,1-K. Teachers may choose to have their guest reader read the Stony Lane Book Award book of the day OR a different book. Times TBA by classroom teachers.
- Poetry Day, Voluntary: Students may volunteer to write and submit poems in the office today, to be read over the announcements.
- Read Book 4 for Stony Lane Book Award.
Thursday, April 9th:
- Read Book 5 for Stony Lane Book Award.
- Campaign Button Day, Whole School, for Stony Lane Book Award.
Friday, April 10th: Voting Day, whole school, for Stony Lane Book Award!