Thank you to all of the Stony Lane families for their generosity with the 2nd Annual “Partnering for Pencils” Coat and School Supply Drive for Carl Lauro Elementary School in Providence. Our Stony lane families collected over 70 new or gently used coats, hats and mittens for the Providence students. We also collected over 200 glue sticks for their school.
To help show our students how important community partnerships can be, we reached out to our NK Laundromat who kindly laundered all the donated coats, hats and mittens we had collected!
We also contacted our NK Walmart and they kindly added to our donations for Carl Lauro by providing 153 Children’s Scissors, 276 Composition Books, 100 yellow poster board sheets, 15 reams of printing paper, 51 binders, 325 folders, 358 Notebooks, and several miscellaneous school supply items.
BIG Thanks to all for participating in our growth and learning project; your support makes our community such a great place to live!
On the calendar this week:
- All Week: Healthy Bodies Healthy Minds (final week)
- Monday, December 12: The North Kingstown School Committee will meet with the NK Town Council to discuss budget challenges for the coming year at the Beechwood Community Center, 7pm (please attend)
- Tuesday, December 13: Walking Trail
- Wednesday, December 14: Wee Deliver & SIT meeting, 8:15am
- Thursday, December 15: Walking Trail, Woodwind Quintet (Navy Band) Holiday Concert Assembly at 10am
- Friday, December 16: School Store
Your American Heart Association donation envelopes for Jump Rope for Heart must be returned to Ms. Perkins or Mr. Laramee no later than December 16. Please make sure all donations are in the form of a check(s) made out to the American Heart Association.
Have a great week!