“Memories made in kindergarten will forever be a part of your educational journey”
The Stony Lane PTO arranges for an annual Scholarship for an alumni of Stony Lane Elementary School. View the Lemoi Scholarship ByLaws.
● One $1,000 scholarship is available for a full-time student who has been accepted to an accredited program.
● Must be a former North Kingstown Elementary student who currently attends North Kingstown High School.
The Pamela J. (Verducci) Lemoi Scholarship fund was established to honor the late Pamela J. Lemoi, an exceptional kindergarten teacher who inspired countless children as they began their educational journeys. She established a strong sense of community among her students by modeling positive moral values, promoting selfless acts of kindness, and encouraging a love of learning. She was a bright light who beamed boundless energy to all those around her. This scholarship is to honor her legacy.
- A former North Kingstown Elementary school student.
- Currently a North Kingstown High School senior that has been accepted to an accredited program with proof of enrollment.
● Candidates should possess a strong sense of community through service to others, exhibit a love of learning, possess strong moral values, and demonstrate selfless acts of kindness; the qualities that Mrs. Lemoi sought to instill in all of her students.
○ Focus Question: What did you learn in kindergarten that has helped to guide you through your educational journey?
○ One page single spaced 12pt font
○ To be a bright light for young students, recipient will be asked to share a portion from their essay with students and faculty at Stony Lane Elementary School describing how they were inspired in kindergarten.
Three (3) letters of recommendation:
○ Reference from a current/prior North Kingstown teacher
○ Community service reference
○ Character reference
Deadline: April 15, 2016
Completed applications should be sent to:
Stony Lane Elementary School
Attn: Ed Ferrario; Pamela J. Lemoi Scholarship
825 Stony Lane
North Kingstown, RI 02852